HomeTourismPassengers will pay for the repair of airports in the regions

Passengers will pay for the repair of airports in the regions

The Ministry of Transport is going to reconstruct regional airports through new fees from airlines. About it reports RBC.

It is expected that small airports will be rebuilt by increasing fees for air navigation, and perhaps a new fee from air carriers will appear. In total, such a mechanism will make it possible to attract about 10 billion rubles. Every year.

Ultimately, according to experts, air passengers will have to pay for airfield repairs. However, they assume that the cost of each seat on the plane will increase slightly – by no more than 50 rubles.

Larger airports operated by commercial companies – 28 of them – were included in the second group for organizing financing. They will be repaired at the expense of budgetary and private funds, on the principle of public-private partnership.

The Ministry of Transport is planning a 60/40 scheme. The state will contribute 60% to the project in the form of a grant, the remaining 40% will be paid by the investor using borrowed funds. It is assumed that the investor will recoup loans by again increasing airport fees from carriers, which means that tickets may also become more expensive. Another source of loan repayment for the managing investor is the rental of space in terminals and the use of parking lots.

Earlier, the head of the Ministry of Transport, Vitaly Savelyev, proposed creating a special fund for the overhaul of airfields. According to him, by 2030 it is necessary to reconstruct 111 objects for a total amount of 383 billion rubles. Vladimir Putin supported this initiative, noting that it is necessary to identify permanent sources to finance this project.

In the plan for the development of the airfield network of the Russian Federation, developed by the Ministry of Transport for the period until 2035, at the first stage until 2024, the construction and repair of 62 air hubs are planned. In particular, new airports are going to be built in Omsk and Syktyvkar. In total, the project provides for the reconstruction of 179 airfields.

Source: Tourdom

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments