HomeTourismTourist contracted parasites after eating meat in the Philippines

Tourist contracted parasites after eating meat in the Philippines

A resident of the Moscow region turned to doctors due to nausea and vomiting. Upon examination, it turned out that a whole colony of parasites had settled in his liver.

Cysts containing tapeworm larvae were found in the body of a 29-year-old man. The size of the neoplasms reached 10 cm. If one of them ruptured, the man faced death.

Doctors believe the patient contracted the parasites during a recent holiday in the Philippines, he said. Ministry of Health of the Moscow Region. There he tried the meat of an exotic animal that could contain tapeworms. Who exactly the man ate was not specified in the publication.

The gourmet tourist underwent surgery. Capsules containing parasite larvae were removed from the body. Now his life and health are not in danger.

TourDom.ru recently wrote about a possible outbreak of anthrax in Thailand.

Source: Tourdom

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments